|READING and USE of ENGLISH
PART TWO - OPEN CLOZE
• You will read a short text which has 8 gaps. For each gap you
have to write the missing word.
• This part mostly tests your knowledge of grammar, although there may
be some vocabulary words missing also. Most of the missing words are
prepositions, pronouns, articles, auxiliary verbs, modal verbs,
• There are eight questions in this section.
- FIRST READ ALL THE TEXT QUICKLY to get an idea of the topic.
- Look at the words before and after the gap. Don't leave the answer sheet
blank for any question. If you don't know the correct answer you should
always make a guess.
- Make sure your handwriting is clear. If your answers are difficult to
read, they will be marked wrong!
- When you have finished, transfer your answers to the separate answer
Put the following grammar words into the correct group. Follow the examples.
to / despite / can / that / a /
had / and / what / am / might / from/ who
at / whose / although / it / must / an / in / are / may / has / is / on
Part two of the Use of English paper (Open Cloze) mainly tests
grammar words, like the ones in the previous exercise. Many students think that
this is one of the most difficult parts in the exam. Don’t worry if your score
is not very high. This part represents about 3% of the total mark. However, it’s
important to get as many marks as possible from this section.
Read the following text without thinking
about the missing words.
• Now read the text again more slowly and write
one word in each space.
• Look before and
after each gap.
• Think about grammar words; pronouns, auxiliary verbs, prepositions etc.
• If the gap is difficult, and you can’t think of a suitable word, leave it
until the end and continue to the next gap.
• When you finish, go back to the difficult gaps and think again.
• Don’t leave any space blank. An empty gap is always wrong.
Separate Answer Sheet
presente material es de utilidad para la preparación de FCE. El material online es una pequeña parte de
un completo Curso de FIRST CERTIFICATE disponible en CD Rom
y para su Descarga Online. Si deseas
conocer si tu nivel actual es adecuado para preparar el examen, puedes
realizar también una prueba de nivel.
TAMBIÉN TE PUEDE
¿Quieres recibir en tu e-mail gratis y
periódicamente ejercicios, programas gratuitos, explicaciones y otros recursos
para mantener tu inglés sin esfuerzo? Apúntate a nuestro
cuaderno quincenal de inglés.
© Copyright La
Mansión del Inglés C.B. - Todos los derechos reservados.