To: Guy Roper, Sales Department, TimberMill
Inc. From: Miguel Sanz, Purchasing Department Date: 18th November Subject: Our order no. RM3859
to our telephone conversation of 16th November, we are sending
of our order No. RM3859 for office
As agreed, the will be sent by
sea. the furniture will be wrapped in protective bubble-wrap and packed in
. Transport will be by container
We expect delivery of the goods within four weeks, and
the right to refuse goods
delivered after that time. Delivery should be made to our main storage
The prices on your web page are
CIF Barcelona. We will pay by irrevocable letter of credit
. Would you please send copies of
the shipping documents and your
for my attention.
As discussed on the phone, we shall make
payments for future shipments, the
first payment to be made before December 31st.
If any items are not available in the wood specified, we are willing to
accept alternative combinations subject to
You work for Olympus, a fitness centre in Barcelona, Spain. Write a fax to
Ms. Sandra Williams, Energy Fitness Machines Inc., California. You have agreed
the following information by phone and you are sending a covering fax with the
order. This is your first order with this company.
Your covering fax should include:
• Order number: SP3957
• Model and reference: Skywalker S500 (indoor walking machines)
• Number of units: 12
• Unit price: $1490
• Agreed discount: 8%
• Net amount due: $16,449.60
• Pay (bank transfer) on receipt of shipping documents.
• The machines must be packed carefully and shipped by air or rail to Boston.
• You will not accept delivery if the machines do not arrive within four
• Ask for their latest catalogue and price list of fitness equipment.
Use the following words and expressions:
• Further to our recent telephone conversation,
• Please find enclosed our order No...
• The goods should be packed...
• As we agreed in our telephone conversation,...
• Please pack/send the goods/consignment...
• We expect...
• We reserve the right not to accept delivery...
• We agree to make payment by...
• Would you please be kind enough to forward a copy of...
• We look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Olympus Fitness Centre
Plaza Sacrat 45
Energy Fitness Machines Inc
From: Carlos Gil Alvaro,
Date: 15th June
Check with a sample FAX
order letter, also known as a purchase order or PO, is the first letter
of a specific purchase. The objective is to provide the vendor with
detailed instructions for completing an order. It also serves as a legal
record of the transaction and should be written with care.
1. Make you instructions clear and accurate. 2. Do not write unnecessary information. Make sure you say when
you expect delivery and how you are going to pay. 3. First, write a list of points you want to include in your
letter. 4. Put the points in order and join them with correct linking
expressions. Use paragraphs to make your letter clear and easy to read. 5. Check the letter and make any changes you think necessary (in
vocabulary, grammar, content, spelling, sentence structure and
punctuation). Imagine you are receiving the letter. Are the instructions
clear? Have you used formal or informal language? 6. Finally, check the opening and concluding paragraphs. The
opening paragraph should explain why you have written the letter. The
concluding paragraph should clearly say what action you expect from the
person who receives the letter.