What do you know about the FBI? Answer the following questions.
1. FBI stands for
2. How old is the FBI?
a) about 25 years old
b) about 5o years old
c) about 75 years old
d) about 100 years old
3. How many ‘special agents’ does the FBI have?
4. How old was J. Edgar Hoover when he became head of the FBI?
a) 26 years old
b) 36 years old
c) 46 years old
d) 56 years old
e) 66 years old
5. What did Hoover do with FBI agents who made serious mistakes?
a) He sent them to Moscow
b) He sent them to Belgium
c) He sent them to the state of Montana
d) He promoted them
Listen and check your predictions.
Check your answers.
Read some more questions about the FBI story.
1. For approximately how long was J.
Edgar Hoover in charge of the FBI?
2. When was the word ‘federal’ added to the FBI’s name?
3. When Hoover was in charge of the FBI, it was said to have
a) Communist infiltration
b) Nazi spies
c) One of the best forensic crime laboratories
d) South American spies
4. True or false?
Hoover was very concerned about how the FBI was seen by the public.
5. When did Hoover die?
6. How does Ed Miller defend COINTELPRO’s actions (including the
illegal break-ins) in the 1960’s and 70’s?
7. Who officially pardoned Ed Miller and Mark Felt for authorising
8. What is the focus of the FBI’s law enforcement policy at the
John Edgar Hoover.
Primer Director de la Oficina Federal de
Investigación de los Estados Unidos,
más conocida como FBI