Now read the following transcription, listen to Betsy again
and choose the correct word.
- I’m here with .. er.. Betsy .. erm.. who’s from America. Hello
Betsy, welcome to Mansion Inglés.
- Hi! Thank you very much. A to be here.
- Thank you. I’d like to ask you about.. erm.. your business plans for
opening a business in Ann Arbor. Erm.. why did you decide to do that? And can you tell us.. erm… what your
- I had come back to Michigan to found a non-profit
called Locomotion to raise awareness about links between environmental
toxins and things like cancer. And I did that for three years. And what people
really wanted wasn’t so much the science, they wanted immediate strategies to
reduce toxins in there .
- And what sort of toxins are we speaking about here?
- Hmm…airborne, from all the manufacturing around Detroit, or waterborne,
you know whatever seeps into the water table. Things in consumer
. Erm..so I thought if I open a store and provided a variety of paints,
for example, with no volatile compounds, or adhesives, or mattresses that didn’t off gas, flame
retardants, that they .
- And are people a..aware of these dangers in..in society by these
products, or is it something new?
- Well… I think it’s kind of not so new but not everybody’s aware of it,
which is why, having spent three pounding everybody on the head about it.. erm.. they were more or less
ready. I thought.
- So, where do you go from here, w..what are your plans f…for the future?
As far as this is concerned. Are you just drop it?
- I’m put it on the shelf and wait until I meet the right person or people
with the same interests, and who would be capable of giving me financial