Match the linking words (conjunctions) on the left with their Spanish
in spite of
Now read the following sentences and choose the best linking words to connect
the ideas. Follow the example.
Example: () watching television could be an activity for all the family to enjoy
together, there are often arguments about which channel to watch and about who
has the remote control.
1. Television is cheaper than going to the cinema or the theatre. (), it can be addictive and it may stop people from leaving their houses
2. Television often stops people talking to each other () if you live alone it can provide company.
3. () being criticised for being a passive and lazy activity, watching
television and be relaxing and help you to unwind after a long hard day at work.
4. () young children could be affected by the violence and sex on TV, there
is also a wide selection of educational programmes such as documentaries and
5. With a television you can travel the world in your living room, and also see
world sporting events such as the Olympics and the football World Cup. (), TV can have a huge influence on the way we think, the things we buy
and who we vote for.