Read the following sentences from the text in lesson 19 page 5 and write the missing words.
1. Radio waves broadcast during a conversation
cause medical equipment to malfunction. 2. It is at these important moments that experts say mobile phones
interfere with flight systems.
Read the text again, find the
sentences in the text and check your
Read the following sentences and decide which sentence expresses a fact, and which expresses a possibility. Follow the example.
- It is at these important moments that experts say mobile phones interfere with flight systems.
- It is at these important moments that experts say mobile phones might interfere with flight systems.
She must be happy.
I might go shopping this afternoon.
I’m going to the beach after lunch.
The phones ringing. It
can't be your mother, she phoned yesterday.
George! Your mother's on the phone again!
Caroline’s in the
Caroline could be in the pub.
We may buy a new car next year.
We’re buying a car as soon as we can.
Listen and repeat.
Podemos usar 'must' para expresar que algo es lógicamente necesario o que suponemos que es cierto. El negativo es
"cannot" o "can't" (no must not)
· Craig must have a drinking problem. He’s always in the pub!
· She can’t be married to him. He’s such a pig!
· If they’re not answering the phone, they must be in bed. They can’t be out at this time of night!
Práctimente no existe diferencia entre el
'may' y el 'might' en el sentido de 'posibilidad'. Con los dos sugerimos que algo es posible. Los negativos son
'may not' y 'might not'.
· We may see you on Saturday.
· I might not be able to go to the party. I’m very busy at work.
· We may go to Austria on holiday next year.
1. He must be rich.
2. He might be waiting for me. 3. He can’t be her husband, he’s so ugly!
a) In which sentence is the modal verb followed by a
noun? b) In which sentence is the modal verb followed by an adjective? c) In which sentence is the modal verb followed by a verb+ing
Look at the pictures and write sentences with
must/can't, might and could. Follow the example.