· Here are some
photographs Craig and Angeles took on their holidays. Complete what Craig says
about each photo using the given verb in the most suitable tense (past
continuous; past perfect or ‘going to’ future). Follow the examples.
Example 1: When this was taken,
(travel) around the Mekong Delta in Vietnam.
Example 2: When I took this photo,
(walk) in monsoon rain for three hours.
1. When I took this one, we
(have) a coffee in The Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong
2. When Angeles took this one, Craig
(just/wake up) in the airport departure lounge.
3. When I took this one, Angeles and I
(wait) to go onto the Coliseum in Rome.
4. When this was taken, we
(just/be) to the top of the Empire State Building.
5. When Angeles took this picture, I
(eat) a big steak in Galicia, Spain.
6. When I took this one, Angeles
(watch) by a friendly elephant on Safari in Africa.
7. When I took this one, Angeles
(walk) on the beach in Zanzibar.
8. When Angeles took this photo, I
(enjoy) the view at the top of the CN Tower, Toronto.
9. When Angeles took this one. We
(cross) the highest road in the world in the Himalayas
10. When I took this one, Angeles
(stand) in front of Niagara Falls, Canada.
11. When Angeles took this one, we
(climb) Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
12. When I took this one, we
(eat) a wonderful meal in Ladakh, India.
· Now match the meaning of each verb tense with
the explanations below. Write the number of each sentence in the correct place.
Follow the example.
action completed before the photograph was taken
b) An action in progress at the same time the photograph was taken
c) An action that will start after the photograph was taken